Joining the IoCF
We are delighted that you are interested in joining the Institute of Civil Funerals.
The IoCF exists to provide support and professional development to self-employed independent funeral celebrants.
We view the quality of performance by Celebrants as the key to the Institute's future - clients and the industry need to feel secure in the professionalism of Celebrants and the sensitivity of the ceremonies we offer.
Membership of the Institute of Civil Funerals is open to those who have achieved a nationally recognised qualification in funeral celebrancy to a minimum Level 3. The Diploma in Funeral Celebrancy (QCF) awarded by the Institute's preferred training partner, Civil Ceremonies Ltd, fully meets our requirements.
Benefits of membership include:
- Gold Membership Badge;
- Photo ID card;
- Use of post nominal M.I.C.F.;
- Public Liability Insurance;
- Access to IoCF stationery;
- Promotion on IoCF website map;
- Members' newsletter and web-based forum;
- Access to the latest resources and materials;
- Annual IoCF Conference;
- Regular Best Practice days;
- Storage and management of Pre-Planned Funeral Scripts
- Quality control and feedback: ceremony questionnaires sent to families and returned to the celebrant;
- Professional ceremony support and mentoring from experienced celebrants;
- Representation and support in any issues with crematoria, Funeral Directors or families;
- National promotion of member's details;
- Listing on Funeralmap website;
- 10% discount on specialist training courses with Civil Ceremonies Ltd.