Working with IoCF Members
IoCF members work with funeral directors without overstepping boundaries and to the professional standards required to ensure the smooth delivery of funerals.
Each of our Celebrants:
- have passed rigorous initial assessment and interviews
- have achieved training, the majority of which is accredited through the Open College Network,
- are monitored for each funeral conducted,
- are professionally assessed annually whilst conducting a funeral,
- undergo Continuous Professional Development.
You can be confident that with an IoCF member, you will be getting the best possible professional service for your clients.
Our Celebrants, when meeting with the bereaved family, will explain what is involved and then plan the ceremony together with the family; favourite readings and music can be incorporated. Following the meeting, the Celebrant will create a ceremony that reflects the wishes and preferences of the deceased and the bereaved family and then seek the family's final approval. They will always liaise with you fully.
Guideline fees for Institute members are between £160 and £200, dependent on the area and other varying requirements. Most Funeral Directors regard Celebrants as disbursements and include this fee in their invoice.
Celebrants may be engaged by a family directly or by a Funeral Director on behalf of a family. Please contact us if you are looking for an accredited Celebrant to conduct a funeral, or locate a Celebrant via this web site.